A few things to consider before bridal mehndi starts:
- Good skin preparation is needed to get the best stain. A gentle exfoliation is beneficial to remove dead skin cells. Wash with neutral soap and water. Avoid any moisturizer, oil, or lotion at least 12 hours before the mehndi time. Clean skin is needed to get the best results.
- A quiet, indoor, and comfortable area with good lighting is also very important. This way, it will be easier for you to stay calm, and the artist will do the design smoothly and beautifully.
- Remember, if you have an event after the mehndi session, it is recommended to put on the outfit. This way, you avoid smudging the design.
- When the mehndi is finished, a sealant will be applied by the artist. It will help the mehndi to stick longer on the skin so you can get a good stain.
- Keeping yourself warm will help to achieve a dark stain. The henna uses body heat to bring out the color on the skin. Drinking hot beverages and keeping yourself warm are recommended.
- To keep the mehndi on for at least 8 hours will bring the best stain.
- Remove the paste by flaking it off. Do not use any water or soap for at least 12 to 24 hours after paste removal. Using water will stop the staining process and reduce the chance of getting a dark stain.
- You can use oils to help you remove the paste and also as an aftercare. Natural oils warm up your skin and help you keep water away from your design.
- You’ll see the darkest color within 48 hours after the mehndi is applied.